James McAvoy net worth 2022 Forbes – If you have been asking the question, “How much is James McAvoy net worth in 2022 according to Forbes.com“? Then, you are going to find that fact on this page.
After that, I will also show you a brief biography of James McAvoy including age, relationship status, full name, ethnicity, Nationality, houses, cars, properties owned and complete profile.
James McAvoy Net Worth 2022 – Forbes.com
According to Forbes.com, James McAvoy net worth is estimated to be around $17,000,000.
If you are interested in getting an overview into how James McAvoy makes his money (sources of income) and profile, continue reading.
James McAvoy Source of Income
How does James McAvoy make his money?
James McAvoy makes his money from many sources including. Some of these include:
- Movie Acting
- Voice Acting.
Quick Biography of James McAvoy
Date of Birth/Age
21st of April 1979
(Married 2006; divorced 2016)
5 ft. 8 in (1.75 m)
150 lbs. (68.04 kg)
James McAvoy born 21 April 1979, is a Scottish actor. He made his acting debut as a teen in The Near Room (1995) and made mostly television appearances until 2003, when his feature film career began.
James McAvoy, also called Jamesy Boy or Jimmy is a Scottish actor of films and Television shows. The critically acclaimed passionate drama battle film Atonement (2007) gained him a Golden World Award nomination and his second BAFTA nomination.
McAvoy is one of the more prolific actors working in Hollywood and abroad today.
McAvoy‘s Early Life
McAvoy was born in Glasgow on 21 April 1979,the son of psychiatric nurse Elizabeth (née Johnstone; died 2018) and builder James McAvoy Sr. He was brought up as a Roman Catholic.
After his parent broke up, his mother suffered from poor health when he was seven. Mary and James Johnstone, in the nearby Drumchapel area of Glasgow. His mother lived with them intermittently. McAvoy has a younger sister named Joy, and a younger half-brother named Donald.
His acting Life started at the age of 15 when he appeared in The Near Room. Unlike many young actors, McAvoy didn’t feel a passion for acting when he joined the cast of the movie but joined because of romantic feelings.
McAvoy work in bit parts in movies and on TV, and began working on the stage, until he was cast in the critically acclaimed WWII HBO miniseries Band of Brothers.
McAvoy appeared in some big projects as the Kirsten Dunst romantic comedy Wimbledon and the BBC dramatic miniseries State of Play.
In 1995: McAvoy’s acting debut came at the age of 15 in The Near Room.
In 2000: McAvoy graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in 2000.Throughout the early 2000s, he made guest appearances in television shows and began working in film.
In 2001: McAvoy’s performance as a gay hustler in the play Out in the Open impressed director Joe Wright so much that Wright began offering McAvoy parts in his films. McAvoy kept declining them, however, and it was not until six years later that the two worked together.He also starred in Privates on Parade in the Donmar Warehouse, this time catching Sam Mendes’ attention. the actor appeared as Private James W. Miller in Band of Brothers, an eleven-hour World War II miniseries by executive producers Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks.
In 2002: He gained the attention of critics White Teeth, a four-part television drama miniseries adaption based on the novel of the same name by Zadie Smith.
In 2003: McAvoy appeared in the Sci Fi Channel miniseries Frank Herbert’s Children of Dune, adapted from Frank Herbert’s novels. It is one of the highest-rated programmes to be aired on the channel. He shot scenes for Bollywood Queen, described as West Side Story meets Romeo and Juliet with bindis, the movie deals with star-crossed lovers caught in the middle of clashing cultures.
In 2004: James acted in the romantic comedy Wimbledon, also featuring Kirsten Dunst as a co-lead. And the same year he was voicing a character named Hal English version of Strings, a mythic fantasy film
In 2005: He released The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe of Walt Disney Picture’s. McAvoy starred in the fantasy adventure film made by Andrew Adamson and based on C. S. Lewis’s children’s novel as Tumnus, a faun who befriends Lucy Pevensie (played by Georgie Henley) and joins Aslan (Liam Neeson)’s forces. It was given a UK release of 9 December. At the UK box office, the film opened at number one, earning around £8.7 million at 498 cinemas over the weekend.
In 2006: Forest Whitaker had suggested McAvoy to director Kevin Macdonald for the role of Nicholas Carrigan in that years Academy Award-winning low-budgeted The Last King of Scotland.
In 2008: McAvoy starring with Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman in Wanted, an action film where he portrayed Wesley Gibson, a young American slacker who learns he is heir to a legacy of assassins.
In 2009: He also appeared onstage at Apollo Theater’s Three Days of Rain.
In 2010: McAvoy was cast as telepathic superhero Professor X, leader and founder of the X-Men, in X-Men: First Class.
In 2011: McAvoy began filming the role of Max Lewinsky in the British thriller Welcome to the Punch. He played the lead role in the Danny Boyle film Trance.
In 2012: McAvoy was cast as Bruce Robertson in Filth, an adaptation of an Irvine Welsh novel of the same name. The film’s ensemble cast includes Jamie Bell, Jim Broadbent, Eddie Marsan, and Imogen Poots.
In 2013: McAvoy won Best Actor at the British Independent Film Awards.
In 2015: McAvoy won the Best Actor award at London’s Evening Standard Theater Awards for his portrayal of Jack Gurney in The Ruling Class.
In 2016: McAvoy played the character Richard in the BBC Radio 4 production of Neil Gaiman’s short story ‘How The Marquis Got His Coat Back’.
In 2019: He reprised his role as Crumb in Glass, and then returned as Professor X in the film Dark Phoenix. McAvoy played the adult Bill Denbrough in the horror film.
In March 2022, McAvoy donated £275,000 to a crowdfunding campaign to help the NHS combat the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic in the United Kingdom.
Awards And Nominations
McAvoy has been nominated for many awards and he also won some of them.
Some of the awards he was nominated for include:
- Alliance of Women Film Journalists 2007 Atonement Best Seduction (with Keira Knightley) -Won.
- ALOS Awards 2018 Split Best Actor in a Leading Role -Won.
- British Academy Film Awards 2006 — Rising Star Award Won.
- 2007 The Last King of Scotland Best Actor in a Supporting Role -Nominated.
- Dublin Film Critics’ Circle 2007 Atonement Best Actor- Nominated.
- Empire Awards 2006 The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Best Newcomer- Nominated.
- 2008 Atonement Best Actor-Won
- 2013 Filth Best Actor -Won.
- European Film Awards 2007 The Last King of Scotland European Actor -Nominated.
- 2008 Atonement European Actor -Nominated.
- Evening Standard British Film Awards 2008 Atonement, Becoming Jane Best Actor -Nominated.
- Evening Standard Theatre Awards 2015 The Ruling Class Best Actor -Won.
- Fright Meter Awards 2017 Split Best Actor- Won.
- Gold Derby Awards 2008 Atonement Best Actor-Nominated
- 2008 Atonement Best Ensemble Cast Nominated Golden Globes Awards 2008 Atonement Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama Nominated.
- IGN Award 2011 X-Men: First Class Best Ensemble Cast -Nominated. International Online Cinema Awards 2008 Atonement Best Actor -Nominated .
- 2017 Split Best Actor- Nominated. Irish Film & Television Academy 2008 Atonement Best International Actor -Nominated.
- Kids’ Choice Awards 2017 X-Men: Apocalypse #Squad Nominated .Laurence Olivier Award 2009 Three Days of Rain Best Actor -Nominated
- San Diego Film Critics Society 2017 Split Best Male Actor -Won.
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival 2008 Atonement Virtuoso Award-Won.
- Satellite Awards 2009 The Last Station Best Supporting Actor Motion Picture -Nominated.
- Scream Awards 2011 X-Men: First Class Best Fantasy Actor -Nominated.
- 2011 X-Men: First Class Best Superhero -Nominated
- Seattle Film Critics Society 2017 Split Best Villain -Won
- Teen Choice Awards 2017 Split Choice Movie: Villain -Nominated
- Women Film Critics Circle 2011 Gnomeo & Juliet Best Screen Couple (with Emily Blunt) -Nominated
- 2019 Teen Choice Awards Dark Phoenix Choice Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Actor -Nominated.
Some of the awards he won include: Ensemble of the Year, Favorite Television Actor and Outstanding Supporting Actor.
Houses, Cars, Assets And Properties Owned
James McAvoy owns many properties.
McAvoy develops prototype modular house.
Some of the cars he owns include:
- His first car was a Citroen C3 Picasso.
- Audi RS3.
- Porsche 911.
McAvoy‘s Zodiac Sign
Eddie Murphy’s zodiac sign is Taurus.
Is James McAvoy Alive Or Dead?
As at the time of writing this post, James McAvoy is still very much alive and living.
Popular Quotes By James McAvoy
I am a very shouty Macbeth. You know you’ve got the audience there and can do anything to make them feel uncomfortable. We do it on purpose.
It’s a difficult thing – you’ve got to talk about yourself but you’ve also got to try not to say anything about yourself. The more you give of yourself, the more there is to chase after.
I am a nerd, but I don’t dive head-first into any fiefdom of nerdiness, except for maybe Star Trek.
The minute you start to strategize too much, the more you start to think you’re in control of your own fate. And you’re not, really.
I believe this article has answered the question, “What is McAvoy’s net worth 2022 according to Forbes.com“.
That is all for now on McAvoy’s net worth 2022, biography, age, weight, height, cars, houses, spouse, assets and biography.